Causes of vomiting
Vomiting is a mildly specific but frequent symptom of many conditions and diseases. What are the causes of vomiting? It can signal about such pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract as diseases:
- stomach (ulcers, acute gastritis),
- esophagus (stricture, achalasia, esophagitis),
- oral cavity,
- pancreas (tumors, pancreatitis),
- thick and small intestine (insufficiency of mesenteric circulation, chronic duodenal obstruction, enteritis, intolerance to cereal gluten),
- gallbladder (tumor, cholecystitis),
- liver (tumor, hepatitis),
- with peritonitis of different genesis.
In addition, vomiting can accompany manybacterial or viral infections, acute poisoning, vascular and heart damage, neuropsychiatric diseases, nephrologic pathologies, lung diseases, anesthesia and surgical interventions, chemotherapy in the treatment of tumors, "motion sickness", toxicosis of pregnant women.
Causes of vomiting with bile
The presence of bile is easily determined by colorexhaled gastric masses: they have a yellowish green color. At the same time, a bitter taste remains in the mouth. The circumstances of such vomiting are different, and an accurate diagnosis can be established only in a medical institution. And to provoke vomiting bile could:
- eating too fatty or stale foods;
- exacerbation of a chronic disease of the pancreas, gallbladder or liver;
- acute stage of cholecystitis, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis (with a large volume of vomiting);
- duodenitis, gastritis, ulcer of the duodenum or stomach;
Virtually all causes of bile vomiting can bedivided into two categories. The first is the injection of bile directly into the stomach cavity (mainly due to problems with the functioning of the sphincter of the pylorus). The second is the intestinal obstruction.
Causes of vomiting with blood
To begin with, it is desirable to determine the color of the emeticblood. If there is a presence of bright blood veins in the affected masses, if the vomiting blood is bright red, this indicates its freshness. Most likely, there is a rapid and recent bleeding in the upper part of the digestive tract. If vomitive black, brown or dark red - the blood in the stomach has already managed to experience the effect of gastric juice.
Possible causes of severe bloody vomiting (there is a danger to life):
- Acute form of inflammation of the gastric membrane due to the use of alcohol, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen, aspirin, blood thinning agents.
- Damage to the esophagus due to swallowing of alkali or acid.
- Caused by increased pressure on the intra-abdominal veins, chronic alcoholism or other causes a rupture of enlarged veins in the stomach or esophagus.
- A rupture of the esophagus, which occurred due to the use of excessive amounts of food to patients suffering from the Berhave syndrome.
- Developed due to chronic alcoholism or radiotherapy of the esophagus, the inflammation of its membrane.
- Obstructed as a result of severe vomiting, a tear in the area of the connection of the stomach and esophagus.
- Caused by an operation, a burn, a disease, a trauma or alcoholism, a stomach ulcer.
- Ulcer of the esophagus.