Classes - this is what? The meaning and synonyms of the word "class"
Virtually all the world's languages existwords that have two or more similar (or not very similar) lexical meanings. We take the word "class", we will analyze its meaning, properties and examples of use in oral and written speech.
Class: the meaning of a word
Let's start from the very beginning. Classes are:
1. Large social strata that unite people according to the following characteristics: position occupied in society, welfare, income, veneration, empowerment and certain rights:
- Classes from time immemorial wrestled among themselves, not sparing their belly, not figuring out who is right and who is to blame.
2. Groups of children of the same age who study at school under the supervision of one class teacher and study the same school curriculum as defined by the state standard of education:
- What grade are you in, in the eleventh or the tenth?
3. The totality of phenomena, substances, objects, living beings, having common features that distinguish them from others:
- Have you learned what class of chemicals hydrogen is?
- Konstantin Dmitrievich Griboedov is a welder of the highest class, without him we are like without hands.
5. Degree of quality:
- Apricot jam from Akulina Ilinichna - the highest class: lick your fingers and swallow the tongue!
- At eleven o'clock, Anyutka's piano class begins, and afterwards - solfeggio, she will not return home until two.
7. Higher categories that generalize related animals or plants:
- Hippopotamus, dolphins, cats, hamsters, monkeys, cows, rats belong to the class of mammals, as they are fed by mother's milk.
Class is an inanimate noun II declension: class, class, class, class, class, class, class, class, class, class, class, class.
Insert the missing words:
- *** will deal with the audience 327.
- Senior *** will clean the gym.
- There are no first and second *** on this line.
- The supermarket sells high-quality products ***.
- Marina with *** went on an excursion to Astana.
- Angelina Vasilievna stayed with the younger ones ***.
- I look at my graduation ***, I am sad and happy at the same time.
- Take, for example, the first ***, no student can read fluently.
- How can you treat your ***!
- We will start issuing the tutorials to the eighth ***.
- About crustaceans written not so many books.
- You can write a whole collection of works about the *** animal world.
Synonyms for "class"
Of course, a word that has so many meanings has synonyms. Class is:
- In which group does your nephew study?
- What rank belongs to Erast P Timofeevich Pankratov?
- Mom said to buy eggs of the first category.
- This type of people annoys all incredibly.
- Mikhail Alekseevich was a naval officer of the highest rank.
- The brahmanas belonged to the highest caste, they were revered and presented with gifts.
- Varvara was not an aristocrat, she belonged to the bourgeois estate.
- The best pies are obtained from the highest grade flour.
- To work in a construction company, roofers of the highest level are required.
- What kind of species will you take this amphibian?
Examples of use
To gain a deeper understanding of the similarities and differences between the values, it is worthwhile to study examples of use in context:
- Today at the lesson we will study the class of units.
- Fifth classes this year will be taught on the second shift, classes begin at two o'clock.
- In our renewed society there are no classes, there is a unity of happy, all happy, joyful people.
- This behavior in the reaction is not inherent in this class of chemicals.
- Anatoly Semyonovich's class as a driver is visible to the naked eye: it seems that he can even drive off-road with his eyes closed.
- Grisha and his friends refused to attend French classes.
- Toucans, swans, sparrows, wagtails, pigeons, eagles, falcons are a class of birds.
- This year Nadenka moved to sixth grade.
- To what class of officials does Nikolai Aleksandrovich belong?
- The landlady ordered to buy cream and sour cream of the highest class.
- This class of human-like few people love and respect.
- Only senior officers attended the meeting.
- Priests are beings of the highest class, ordinary people do not approach them.
- The royal cuisine uses only high-end products.
- The Office of Translators will employ a specialist of the highest class.