Configuring Outlook to work with Gmail
Microsoft Outlook is quite common andA convenient program designed to work with e-mail. It allows you to download and send messages from almost any server. Most users prefer to work with mail directly from a web browser. However, Outlook downloads all the information sent directly to the computer, so that later it can be viewed offline, if there is no access to the Internet. Setting up Outlook is pretty straightforward, and absolutely anyone, even a novice user, will be able to cope with this task on their own.
Gmail is very common among users. It has earned the trust of many people due to its reliability and stable operation. Setting up Outlook is also possible for the Gmail server.
1. Start the Microsoft Outlook program. Then on the control panel select the item "Service", in the pop-up menu, click "Account Settings ...".
2. In the window that appears, click on the "Email" tab on the "Create" button. The program prompts you to choose the e-mail service. We need to use item 1 "MS Exchange Server, POP3, IMAP or HTTP". Now click the "Next" button.
3. Setting up Outlook provides entering a user name - this is necessary for ease of use and identifying you as a sender. We fill in the fields "Your name" (instead of the name you can enter an alias), then the whole email address: [email protected] Now enter the password from the mail in the fields "Password" and "Password Verification". Click "Next".
4. Now you need to wait a little while the program tries to connect to the email server and verifies the correctness of the entered password. Also, setting Outlook to send a test message to make sure the server is up and running.
At this stage, a warning may appearInternet security systems: "The server uses a security certificate that can not be verified. Continue to use this server? "Click" Yes ". If the parameters are successfully verified and the test message is sent, the following message should appear: "The IMAP email account has been configured successfully." Click "Finish".
5. Setting up Gmail in Outlook also allows you to select additional options. To see them, instead of the "Finish" button, check the "Configure settings manually" box and click "Next". At the request of the user, you can save the password or not remember it for security reasons, if other people can access this computer.In the second case, you will have to entersystem every time you start Outlook. The "Other settings" button allows you to refine other user information, and also select whether to save the sent messages in the corresponding folder. All these functions can be viewed if desired.
This completes the Outlook configuration for Gmail. To view or edit the current settings, simply click the "Edit" button in the account settings. Also the program allows you to configure several email accounts at the same time. In the future, to check if any mail has arrived to your mailbox, you need to click "Send and receive" on the toolbar.