How can I disable automatic updates?
Watch the video
Many owners of personal computersown them at the level of users, completely without thinking about the performance of hardware, and not paying attention to what the computer installs without their knowledge. As a result, over time, this leads to incorrect operation of the operating system, as well as to annoying problems, in which the free software found on the Net stops working. This is due to the fact that developers are taking measures and blocking loopholes that allow you to use the software without buying a license.
In order to prevent your computer from slowing down, in this article we'll show you how to disable automatic updating of windows (the most popular OS) versions 7 and 8.
Remove automatic update of Windows 7
So, the main reasons for disabling automatic updates are only three:
- congestion of the Internet channel;
- "littering" the operating system;
- blocking of unlicensed software.
They are enough to abandon the new system files that the Update Center offers to download, or at least configure a custom installation.
To disable automatic updating of windows 7, you can do the following:
- Click the "Computer" icon with the right mouse button - Properties. ATthe appeared tab in the lower left corner we find the link "Windows Update";
- In the left menu, the third link from the top is "Settings", by clicking on which, you can set the desired settings;
- In the "Important updates" drop-down menu, selectoption that suits you (to disable, select the item "Do not check for updates"). Also remove the checkmarks in all the fields that are located below.
You can also go to this menu in a slightly different way: Start - Control Panel - Check Computer Status - Windows Update.
Blocking updates in Windows 8
Since many users prefer to keep up with the times, the issue of disabling the update in 8-ke becomes also relevant.
To disable automatic updating of windows 8, use one of the following methods:
- Pointing the mouse to the lower right corner calls the menu and enter the phrase "disable automatic updating" in the search window. As soon asthe system will find a match, then in the left menu you will have the corresponding icon, which you need to click on and in the "Important updates" column select "Do not check ...";
- You can also use the panelmanagement. To do this, type the word "Control Panel" in the same search box and select the icon in the left menu. Then the shutdown procedure is identical with windows 7 (see above).
To read this instruction on Windows XP, see How to disable the Windows update.