How can you name the game?
The development of video games is a complex, long andpainstaking. As a rule, a whole team of specialists is engaged in this. Hardly the first, what any developer thinks about is the name for the game. In this article we will give some recommendations on how to name the game, so that this name is more easily remembered and further promotes the growth of its popularity.
Ideas for inspiration
In order to come up with a name, use the following names:
- Use the name in English. This name will be clear not only to your compatriots, but also to the inhabitants of other countries, which will increase the audience of the game.
- The name should not be too short, nortoo long. As a rule, 2-3 words for the title of the game is enough. So, users of the game will be easier to remember and this will solve a lot of problems with optimization and web indexing. For example: "Glossy Dancer", "Moon Warrior".
- The name should be optimized for searching. Therefore, try to come up with a word or phrase, when entering it into the search engine, a link to your game would appear among the first 10-15 search results. Otherwise, those who wish to play your game simply will not be able to find it. Good examples of names: "Metro Siberia", "Doodle Defender".
- Use words with strong emotional charge. So you will immediately attract the attention of potential players. If the name of your game attracts attention, the likelihood that someone will be interested and want to know what is hidden under this name, increases at times. Example: "Pandemic" (Pandemic).
- Check to see if your name was used before. If the name of the game you invented was already used by someone, try to find synonyms.
- The name should be easily audible and simple in terms of spelling. Nobody likes games, the name of which can be reproduced correctly only from 5 times.
- The simplest and most effective way to name a game is to come up with a new word for it. Try, for example, to create a new word based on the Latin language.
Read also the article How to name the game.