How do I refill an HP cartridge?
Watch the video
Inkjet Printhead Designcan be of two types: combined with the cartridge and separate from it. If the head is built into the cartridge, then its cost can reach 30-50% of the cost of the entire printer. Not surprisingly, users of such devices try not to change the entire cartridge, but fill it with new ink. About how to fill in ink in different models of printers, it is written in the article How to refill cartridges. We will dwell on HP printers.
What you need to know before refilling the cartridge
Manufacturers receive income from sales notonly printers, but also accessories, and especially from consumables. And the income from consumables is almost more than from the main products. Therefore, developers are trying in every way to uniquely and ink, and printheads to refill printers could only be "native" or, as they say, original ink.
As a result, when refilling the cartridge with non-original ink, at best, a poor-quality print is produced, at worst - the head goes out of order, and you have to buy a new cartridge.
If after you have refilled the cartridge,the print turns pale or on the contrary the sheet is smeared with black, means, you have got improper ink. In this case, it is best to pour the filled ink, rinse the cartridge with a special liquid, blow the head and find the original ink. Maybe the cartridge will also serve.
But it often happens that after "non-native"ink head generally breaks down, and you have to buy a new cartridge. Therefore, think carefully about who to entrust the refueling or how to do everything yourself, where and what ink to buy, so as not to destroy the cartridge untimely.
Original ink cartridge can be refilled 5-7 times, and even 10 if you're lucky.
How to refill an HP printer cartridge
The basic principles of refilling inkjet printers are described in the article How to fill an inkjet cartridge. We will give you a step-by-step instruction on how to refill HP printer cartridges.
The volume of the cartridge tanks is calculated fora certain number of sheets. Therefore, when the printer prints this quantity, it will print out the message "The ink is running out. Change the cartridge "or something similar. After that, the printer refuses to work, even if the ink is still there.
To start the printer again, you must reset it to zero.counter. How to do this is written in the article How to reset the chip? | | Zeroing of Hewlett Packard cartridges. We'll go directly to refueling the cartridge.
Step-by-step instructions for refilling the cartridge
For work you will need:
- ink, preferably original;
- syringes with the most thin needles in an amount corresponding to the number of colors;
- a washing liquid CL04 or CL06;
- oilcloth or cellophane.
Refilling the cartridge - it's pretty dirty, so you need to protect the environment as much as possible from the sweats. You can put on your hands gloves, but it's not necessary.
- Cover the worktable with oilcloth or cellophane. Top with a napkin.
- Moisten another cloth with cleaning fluid, gently wipe the plate on the printhead where the holes are located.
- Remove the cartridge, place it on the napkin with the head down.
- On the cover of the cartridge you will see a sticker. Carefully remove it, set it aside. Do not lose! Open the holes.
- Fill the syringe with the correct ink color,its refill (thin) needle. Typically, the cartridge indicates the volume of cylinders. Do not take more into the syringe, but rather a little less than the specified volume, because the bottle can still be left with ink.
- Insert the needle into the opening of the cartridge deeper,Slowly insert the ink into it until they appear from the holes in the head. Do not mix up which color to fill. If there is only one hole in the black and white printer, then in the color one. 4. If you fill the ink in the wrong balloon, the color will turn out to be mixed, and the printer will print something completely incomprehensible.
- Wipe off the filling hole so that the ink remains are not mixed with the new color.
- Take a syringe with another color, repeat the last three operations. If you use one syringe and a needle, before refueling them with another color, be sure to flush both the syringe and the needle with distilled water.
- After filling all the tanks, seal the holes removed from them with a sticker.
- Stick the tape above the filling holes with a needle, otherwise the ink will not leak.
- Reinstall the head cartridge, perform a test cycle as specified in the printer's instruction manual.
To make it clear, watch a video on how to refill the HP cartridge yourself.
The owners of printers should remember that the head of a long-standing printer without a job withers and breaks down. Therefore, at least once a week, print something the least popular color.