How to buy a train ticket?
There are several basic ways, likebuy a train ticket - buy it at the ticket office of the station, order it by phone with delivery, or issue an electronic ticket on the site. First, we'll describe the procedure for buying a ticket for each method, and then briefly list the pros and cons of this or that option. Let's start with the most traditional way - buying a ticket at the train station.
How to buy a train ticket
In order to buy a ticket at the railway station inthe railway ticket office, you need to take with you the passport of the person who will go by train, and, of course, money. Arriving at the station, select the desired cashier or cash desk. This is important not to stand several times in line. If you are confused, ask the railway service officers or the policeman on duty, and now - the policeman, they usually willingly answer the questions (at least, they answered me that way). Having waited for your turn, name the cashier your route (for example, from Petersburg to Moscow and, alternatively: there and back), the expected date (or dates) and the time of the trip. The cashier will check with the computer and tell you if there is such a train for about this time. If everything is in order, the cashier will tell you the cost of the trip and after making sure of your agreement with the route, date and amount, ask you for a passport (or passport if the passenger is not one) and then money. You will receive a ticket (s) on your hands, which will need to be presented only when boarding the train.
Advantages of this method:
- almost 100% guarantee of absence of failures at registration
- no commission fees
- possibility of buying a ticket for an outbound train
- it is necessary to leave (leave) the house, and then go (go) back
- in the box office there will usually be a rather large queue
- it is impossible to easily see all the options
How to buy a train ticket by phone
Today, there are many services, callingwhich, you can book a train ticket. The procedure is as follows: you call the specified phone and ask the operator, for example, the following: "Tell me, please, are there tickets for such and such a number about this time from St. Petersburg to Moscow?" If there is a ticket (by the way , you can order and reverse), the operator will ask you to name the passport data of the passenger. Then will dictate to you once again all the data on the route, time and information about the passenger and after your consent will print out the ticket. Then the delivery time and address are coordinated, after which the courier arrives at the specified date and time and, having received money from you, will hand you the ordered ticket (or tickets). Carefully check the data on the tickets to avoid an error, because then it will be almost impossible to fix it (more precisely - it is possible, but for a certain fee and often - not a little). The tickets received are no different from those you would buy at the railway ticket office.
Advantages of this method:
- You do not have to leave the house, and you can bring tickets to home and work
- You can easily choose the date and time of your trip
- at registration it is not necessary to show documents
- a ticket is charged for the ticket and for delivery
- operator may enter the information you have reported incorrectly
- it is almost impossible to purchase a train ticket that leaves on the same day
How to buy a train ticket online
Today this way of registration of railway andair tickets is becoming increasingly popular, and there are good reasons for this, which are described in more detail below. All you need for an electronic ticket is a computer, the ability to use it and the availability of a certain amount of money in any form (cash, money on the card or electronic money). Go to the ticket sales site and select the route, number of tickets, time and date of the trip from the corresponding menu. Then you will be asked to enter data about passengers. After that you can proceed to payment. If you have electronic money or a bank card with the right amount, payment will happen instantly and a letter with the information about the trip will come to your e-mail address. All that remains to be done is with the things and the passport to come to the station, the guides have data about those who purchased electronic tickets. But just in case, I advise you to still print this information. If you want to pay for the ticket using the payment terminal, keep the checks that it will give you.
Advantages of this method:
- you can pay for the ticket in any accessible way (cash in payment terminals, electronic money, bank cards)
- possibility to choose a route slowly and carefully check all the data
- Do not need to leave the house and stand in line
- Do not need to show any documents while drawing
- Do not worry about getting a ticket
- requires a computer
- requires a certain computer literacy
- it is almost impossible to buy a train ticket that leaves on the same day
There is another way to buyrailway ticket: directly from the conductor. In this case, you need to come with a passport to the conductor and, in the event that there is free space in the car, you can buy a ticket and go on this train. Also read our article "How to book a train ticket?".