How to choose a used car?
Watch the video
Buying a car is a very important and responsible business. Now we will look at some tricks that will help you understand how to choose a used car and not remain at a loss.
Verification of documents
Perhaps, this is the most important and most important thing that you must do. Motor steers now a dime a dozen.
- The technical passport. We carefully check, in what year the car is released and in what is registered.
- We check the number on the body and on the engine.
- Check the service book. The owner of it may not be, but it is easy to determine how often the car was repaired and checked, how many owners it replaced, and who served it.
- Please note that in the passport the year of release can beforged. Therefore, you should check it by VIN (machine identification number). The cars are still simpler - see the year of release on the seat belt anchorage.
Meet on clothes: external car data
We inspect the car from the outside. First, the car should be perfectly washed. Under a layer of dirt, you may not notice paint defects and unevennesses that indicate an accident.
- Sit near the car so that your lookslid along the surface of her side. From this angle all the flaws are visible. If some place has caused you doubts, you can check it. To do this, lean against it a magnet wrapped in cloth. Moreover, the fabric should be sufficiently dense - so that the magnet could barely stick to the refrigerator. If the machine does not hold the magnet, then there are several layers of paint or putty.
- We open and close all the doors. They should make the same sound and close with one effort. If it is not so - the body, most likely, was damaged.
- Unscrew the rubber gaskets at the doors and compare the paint with that on the surface. If there are differences, then the car was repainted.
- Raise the hood and inspect the inside of the car for defects and rust. Chinese cars often start to rust details.
Escorted in the mind: the internal state of the machine
Now we inspect the car interior.
- Upholstery in the cabin must be whole.
- All devices and switches must work.
- Separately check all wiper modes and air conditioning.
- Open and close the glass on all doors.
- Examine the floor of the cabin, looking under the rug. If there is a puddle there is a leak somewhere.
- Carefully check that the engine does not leak anywhere. Hoses must be whole and elastic.
- The state of the engine is determined by oil: if small metal particles are floating in it - the crankshaft inserts have worn out. Strong gas separation when the engine is running from the oil filler neck - piston rings are damaged. No knock in the engine can not be - this indicates a very deep damage. Check that the oil is not too thick - otherwise the sounds will be muffled.
- Cooling system. From the very beginning, there should be no bubbles in the radiator. If they are - the head gasket of the block, most likely, is broken. In antifreeze there should be in no case oil or rust.
- Turn on the engine and plug the exhaust pipe. If the engine stalled - then everything is in order.
The engine of the car
The most important step in how to properly choose a used car is to test it in action.
- Transfers should be switched easily and clearly. Any rattling or noisy sounds indicate a malfunction of the car.
- Climb up the hill and stop,to check the operation of the parking brake. If you turn it on and gently move from the spot, and the engine does not stall - you'll have to change the friction clutch plates.
- To learn how to choose a used carvase, you need to check the clutch. Beginning with low revs, it should respond effectively to your movements. When the clutch is completely squeezed out, there should be no sound from the release bearing.
- On an even section check the geometry of the suspension andbodywork. For this, on the fly, release the steering wheel. If the car has led - then this is not correct, the geometry is broken. If the steering wheel twisted, the steering column lost its grip.
But the best way to tell about how to choose a used car, a video:
Be careful and careful!