How to connect 2 switches?
Watch the video
On electric wires there are always two channelsfeed - phase and zero. The phase from the machine on the shield passes into the junction box, where it then enters the input of our double switch. From the switch, the two-wire phase passes through the chandelier. Zero enters the junction box and passes directly to the chandelier.
So, let's look at how to connect 2 switches.
How to connect the switch to two keys
The main participants in the process will be the following:elements: a flap in an apartment or an entrance, a junction box and a chandelier. The main thing is to understand how the phase is divided and which of the wires is phased. At the input we have one phase wire that goes from the shield or wiring, and at the output we can get as many phase wires as desired.
- Turn off the power.
- When dismantled with a phase wire, disassemble the switch. We see one terminal at the bottom (this is the input) and two at the top (these are the outputs for the two phase wires).
- We connect the phase wire to the input of the switch. To the output we also connect (to two terminals) one wire each, we also connect them to the junction box.
- The zero wire is always one and common for all phase conductors. We connect it to the junction box.
- We connect the zero wire from the terminal box to the chandelier.
- Turn the power on. Now we use a screwdriver with an indicator to check if the phase is closed. Apply to one of the outgoing from the switch phase wires and turn on the light with the switch key. The indicator will show if it is closed or not (if the indicator on the screwdriver lights up - yes, if it does not, then it does not work). We also check the second wire, turn on the second key of the switch.