How to connect a gas boiler?
Watch the video
Gas heating is one of the most convenientkinds of heating for private houses. However, not many owners of houses are trying to connect gas heating, considering it a very difficult and costly business. In fact, it is not so difficult. From our article you will learn how to connect a gas boiler to an electrical or heating system. The main thing is to comply with all the requirements for fire safety and properly place the boiler at home.
Please note that the gas boiler is notis installed next to the window to avoid accidental moisture ingress. If this happens, a short circuit in the mains may occur, leading to a fire.
- Install a special grounded outlet with stabilized voltage in the mains.
- Connect the socket using a circuit breaker, which is designed for a current flow of 6 Amps. Use only a copper cable with an automatic interrupter.
- Connect the boiler to the switchboard.
- Place the dielectric insert between the boiler and the gas pipe.
- Connect the boiler to the mains using the automatic switch on and off.
In the case of frequent disconnection of light in a privatesector it is recommended to connect to an induction generator that performs uninterrupted power supply. This way you will avoid freezing the gas boiler in the winter.
Connection to the heating system
Gas boilers have an arrangement of branch pipes identical to the elements of the heating system. Therefore, the connection is as follows:
- Both ends of the gas boiler are locatedConnections to which the heating system elements must be connected. On the left, a pipe is connected, through which hot water enters the radiators, and to the right - a pipe, through which the coolant (return) is returned.
- When connecting, use sealants to achieve effective insulation of the heating system.
- Install a coarse filter on the return pipe. Due to this, the dirty water circulating in the heating radiator will not get into the gas boiler.
- Install the shut-off valves - they will prevent the accumulation of air in the pipes.
In addition to the proposed options, a gas boilercan be connected to the ventilation system, as well as to conduct a metal pipe directly from the central gas pipe on the street.
About the features of the choice of gas boilers you can find out in our article Which gas boiler is better.