How to connect a smartphone to the TV?
Watch the video
The technology of image output from a smartphone toThe TV was developed long ago. It has been used in many Nokia N-Series devices, and is now used in flagship smart phones on Android and iOS.
To connect a smartphone to a TV, you must:
- Learn from the technical specifications, whether your device supports Android MHL standard.
- Check for an HDMI connector on the TV;
- Purchase a special cable (MHL> HDMI).
It is worth noting that all smartphones from Apple, starting with the iPhone 4, support the transfer of images on TV using a special cable that differs in the size of the connector.
How to connect a smartphone to a TV with HDMI?
In order to display an image on your TV from an Android device, you should:
- Connect the cable to the microUSB connector on the phone;
- Connect the cable to the HDMI connector on the TV;
- Use the remote to select the HDMI mode on the TV (usually with the same button that is responsible for turning on the AV).
The iOS device is also connected, only for this is a cable that is equipped with a 30-pin (for iPhone 4 / 4S) or Lightning (for iPhone 5 and older models) connector.
It is worth noting that there are wireless image transmission technologies, such as Miracast, which use the standard Wi-Fi. Connect a smartphone to the TV with their help is quite difficult:
- It is necessary to have a Wi-Fi module in the TV or a special HDMI-dongle (receiver with Wi-Fi);
- Only the most expensive smartphones are equipped with this technology;
- Frequent problems with hardware compatibility.
If you recently purchased your first smartphone and do not know the specifics of its use, we suggest that you read the How to use the smartphone article.