How to connect the joystick to the laptop?
For a comfortable PC game, real gamersuse joysticks and gamepads. How to play will tell our article How to play the joystick. When selecting the control unit correctly, it is necessary to carefully study the section in the instruction manual "Connecting the joystick to the laptop". This process will not present any difficulties if all operations are carried out clearly on it.
How to connect joystick to laptop: step by step instruction
- Connect the manipulator via the USB port to the laptop - the device must determine itself. Install the drivers from the disk.
- In the Control Panel, go to the "Devices and printers" or "Game devices" (Start).
- Select a device to configure.
- Right-click on "Settings", select your joystick, click on "Properties", find the "Calibrate" button. Wait until the window "Calibrate the axes" appears.
- Find the cross on the joystick and click on it - the image of the cross should fit in the center of the screen. Click Next + Finish.
- Click the Verify tab. When you press the buttons in the control lever, the numeric icons should blink using the indicators. The running cross should be in the center.
On how to connect to a computer, you can find out if you get acquainted with our article. How to connect the joystick to the computer.
Manipulators can be divided into 2 types.
- Wired. They have a connection via a USB port and transmit signals via a wire.
- Wireless. These devices are connected to the laptop via a receiver that has a standard USB-out. To work, you need to install drivers from the attached disk.
Maximum convenience in manipulating gamingobjects at a distance are provided by gamepads. The process of setting the gamepad corresponds to the rules for installing joysticks. Its advantages are a wireless connection, good range, vibration and comfortable grip.
More information about connecting the gamepad you can find in our article How to connect a wireless gamepad.