How to create a registration?
Watch the video
When creating a website, each web programmer orthe future owner of the site sets specific tasks, one of which is the development of a form for registration. Thanks to this form, the owners of forums, portals, online stores will be easier to keep records of their customers, and owners of classic sites will be able to increase the conversion, providing more opportunities for their registered (and even permanent) customers.
How to create?
To create a registration form, you can go in two ways:
- pay web-programmer and get the final product;
- having a minimum of knowledge on html and php, to make the most necessary form.
In the second case, when creating the site itself, evenit is not necessary to write code from scratch. To date, there are many ready-made solutions for Internet projects of varying complexity, and almost every platform offers the user to use previously written forms of registration. To use them, you only need:
- connect the appropriate module
- select the fields to fill (name, e-mail, etc.)
- customize the design.
Even if you are not satisfied with the registration form,proposed by the developers of cms, the code can always be downloaded on the Internet and applied to your site. Of course, at first it's better to try to understand the essence of the installed form to protect yourself and provide maximum convenience to your customers.
If you want to create a registration form yourself, then the following tips will be useful:
- do not make a very long form of registration. Select the most important fields for you, make them mandatory, and all others are optional;
- find (or write) an adequate handler for the information entered - so that the user does not have to re-register each time;
- protect yourself from spam by creating a captcha to confirm that the user is a person, not a "robot";
- Create a separate mailbox where information will be received about new clients;
- Together with the registration form, make sure that you enter the registration form for already registered users;
- be sure to write a greeting after the user registers or re-enters the site;
- do not forget to create a password recovery form.
For those interested in web development will beuseful other our articles from the section Web development, in which you will find answers to many questions - from choosing a site platform to promoting your site in the search engines.