How to disconnect the processor?
Sometimes it is necessary to conductsome actions on your computer, but with a lot of questions. One of them: how to turn off the processor. The main thing to remember is that you have to be very careful and careful. It is in solving such issues that the proverb is very appropriate: "Measure seven times, cut once".
Remove the processor
A person who wants to do somemanipulation with the computer should be at least basic concepts about the internal structure of the computer. Before proceeding, it is necessary to study the specification of your machine model according to the documentation or pull it from the Internet.
After studying the documentation, you can go tothe next stage. Turn off the computer from the power, disconnect all the wires and only then unscrew and remove the left side of the cover from the system unit. We find the motherboard - the largest in size, which is on the opposite side of the cover that we removed. Directly on it there will be an acting part in the form of a square on which the processor mark should be written. In most cases, the processor itself goes with the cooler, being under it on the motherboard. They are shot together.
The next step will require you to limitcaution. First - remove the clips, and very carefully remove the whole part in the form of a square. Even more cautiously we get the processor itself, in no case touching its legs, do not drop it and take all possible measures to prevent the processor from getting dirt or any liquid. It can damage your processor permanently and for the further work it is necessary to get a new one.
The processor is disabled. Then do the necessary actions for you. If you decide to replace with a new one, then do all the work in reverse order. Be careful and careful, doing everything step by step. Before installation, you can clean the cooler from dirt, but do not be too zealous. Do not forget to fasten it after installation with clamps.
How to disable processor cores
- at the command prompt, type msconfig;
- in the "System Configuration" window, go to the Load / Additional boot settings / tab and specify the number of processors (working);
- save changes and overload the computer.
CPU Core Booting
- in multi-core processors, the operating systemitself distributes the flows between the cores, i.e. they are loaded approximately evenly. The operation of such processors often leads to increased power consumption and lower productivity;
- to solve this problem in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2, the "ideal kernel" function was introduced, which allows to leave the process running on one core;
- You can view the loading of the processor cores by calling the "Task Manager" (Crtl + Shift + Del) on the "Performance" tab;
- to optimize the workload of processor coresgo to the "Control Panel" on the Power / Adjust the power plan / Change the additional power settings / Control processor power and activate the functions: the minimum number of cores in idle state; allow the state of power reduction; disabling processor downtime; kernel redefinition; kernel suspension.