How to divide the bedroom into zones?
Watch the video
Many people are faced with the need to zoning the room, as it is not only convenient and functional, but also beautiful.
In the article we will tell how to divide the bedroom into zones, so that the room looks cozy and not cluttered. Let's start with the basic principles of zoning.
Basic principles of zoning
Zoning of the bedroom is based on the following principles:
- The sleeping zone should be separated from the rest of therooms, regardless of its destination. In the sleeping area, as a rule, there is a bed, a small dressing table and a bedside table for storing necessary things. Zoning should begin, starting from the location of the bed, as it is the main element of this room.
- To zoning a small room it is worth using at the same time no more than 2-3 methods to avoid its clutter.
- The larger the room, the more methods you can apply.
The rest of the room is used for the following purposes:
- rest zone;
- work zone;
- living room;
- second sleeping area.
Correctly selected zoning will helpsave every centimeter of the area and use it for its intended purpose. Important is also the arrangement of the premises, more details about it can be found here: How to decorate the bedroom.
- Multilevel ceiling. It will give the impression that you are in two different rooms.
- Podium. On it it is convenient to arrange a sofa for rest or a desktop.
- Painting of walls. Zones can be divided by color, using for the functional zones different colors, shades or textured materials. However, the colors should not be too contrasting or similar to each other. Good use of a lighter and darker shades of the same color.
- Screen or shelving. They should not be too large and completely replace the wall between the zones. They should gracefully fit into the interior and only slightly remind about the border between the zones.
- Curtains or canopies. The sleeping area can be successfully separated by a canopy from a light tulle. This reception will give the room some kind of romance and magic. For a more serious solution, you can use ordinary curtains, which need to be located in a convenient place between the zones and, if necessary, they will simply be pushed or opened.
- Unusual furniture elements in the form of a sofa for rest or an original chair.
- Lighting. For different zones there should be their light sources.
- Jalousie. They are suitable for use in small rooms to separate the work area. This solution will avoid cluttering with excess furniture.
Many people are interested in how to divide the bedroom into two. This question becomes especially relevant when two children of different ages live in the same room. The answer is simple: all the above methods are suitable here. It is only necessary to take into account that the room should be divided into two equivalent parts so that there are no conflicts between the children. Particularly relevant will be mobile partitions, which can be removed for the joint pastime of children. More interesting solutions you can find here: How to divide a room into two.
Now you know how to zonate the bedroom. These tips will create a cozy room, with a small amount of space.