How to flash D-Link?
Watch the video
During the operation of the router,the problem of unstable work. Especially it concerns routers of old models. Usually, the task is solved by flashing the device to the latest version of the software.
In this article, we'll look at how to flash a router using the example of D-Link.
How to manually flash a D-Link router
- The first step is to clarify the hardware version of your device. To do this, flip the router and find the required data on the label.
- Next you need to download the firmware file fromthe official website of the manufacturer. Be careful when downloading: you need to select the program that is suitable for your version of the router. Download the file that has the latest publication date on the site.
- Disconnect the patch cords that connect the router and the computer (leave only the network cable).
- It is advisable to disable the antivirus program.
- Then, type 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1) in the address bar and press Enter.
- In the appeared window it is required to enter the standard data for the entrance. Usually the username is admin, the password is the same - admin. Enter the data and click OK.
- Then select "Management" from the menu and go to "Update Software".
- Then click on the "Browse" button and select your file with the firmware.
- Then click the "Update Software" button and waitthe end of the operation. Usually, the firmware takes three to five minutes. Please note that during this procedure, it is forbidden to touch the power and the network cable. If nothing happened within ten minutes, restart the router and perform the operation again (from the third point).
- Also note that after the firmware you need to drop the router's settings to factory settings. To do this, click the small button on the body of the device called Reset.
- Restart the router.
- Next, you will need to change the settings and enter the data that was given by your ISP. To simplify the process, save the necessary parameters before starting work.
Once again, we remind that during the updatesoftware in any case, you can not touch the cable and perform other actions in the device menu. This is due to the fact that if the process is broken, you can finish the procedure only in the service center. In this case, the firmware will have to pay a lot of money to the company's specialists.