How to flash Samsung Duos?
Watch the video
Re-flash the smartphone may be necessary foreliminate all kinds of failures, and also update the software. Consider how to flash Samsung Duos. To do this, you must first save all the data to the computer so that they can be recovered in the event of a failure, and also get ROOT-rights. Then you can start the firmware.
To do this, you will need:
- The apparatus itself;
- The Odin program, which you can download from here;
- Firmware file for your model.
Process of reflashing
Below are the stages of installing new software:
- Install the drivers from the disk that comes with your smartphone;
- Disable antivirus;
- Unpack the archive with the new firmware;
- Run the Odin program;
- Click in it on the PDA button and select the firmware file that has the extension .md5;
- Connect the smartphone to the PC using a working cable;
- On the turned off machine, press the Power, Home and Volume down keys. After waiting for the vibrating signal, you should release the buttons.
- After the warning appears, press the Volume key up.
- The port number appears in the Odin3 window. After that, select the firmware file that will be installed, and click the Start button.
- The end of the firmware will be marked with the inscription PASS. After its appearance, the smartphone will reboot itself. It must be disconnected from the PC.
After completing all these operations, the user can safely turn on the device to evaluate its new features and trouble-free operation.
You may need an article on how to find the Samsung firmware.