How to grow a geranium?
To grow a geranium from a seed is easy enough. Seeds of geranium are large, so sprouts appear very quickly, about a week after planting. There are several varieties, you just have to choose the one that you like best. It is worth noting that the flower is unpretentious, but beautiful enough, especially during flowering. Generally geranium reproduces sprouts, rhizomes, as well as seeds. In this article, we will tell you how to grow a flower, using the last method. To plant a geranium out of seeds, follow the tips given below.
How to grow geranium from seeds
- First you need to select the seeds that are suitablefor germination. They should not have any plaque, pay attention to the period of implementation, if the seeds are overdue, then most likely they will not germinate.
- It is also necessary to prepare the soil for the seeds. The best mixture is suitable: earth, peat and sand. Land and peat, take 50 to 50, and the sand is slightly smaller. Soil should not be too greasy, as geranium does not need abundant fertilizer.
- The most suitable time for planting seeds is the end of winter. Place the pot with the soil on a well-sunlit window sill and plant several seeds there to a depth of about 0.5 cm.
- Cover the pot with glass or film. Make sure that the greenhouse effect is created, if necessary, if the moisture becomes too much, make holes in the film or move the glass. A suitable temperature for germination should be at least 16 degrees, but not above 18-20 degrees.
- In a few days the seeds will shoot, then the film (glass) can be removed, and after three weeks 2-3 leaves should appear, the seedlings will need to be dived.