How to make a dream catcher yourself: step by step recommendation
The dream catcher is an ancient Indian amulet,protecting the sleeping people from the evil spirit. This talisman looked like a complex plexus of veins of a deer, rigid threads, worn on a willow ring, and interwoven multi-colored feathers. In order to try the full force of action, it was placed over the head of a sleeping person.Initially, such an amulet was made by indigenous peopleNorth America - the Indians. According to the chronicles, it is designed to scare off bad dreams that are lost in the web, and attract the good ones passing through the middle slot. There is a legend that easily explains the structure of this amulet. Once a wise teacher, Iktomi, in the guise of a spider, met with the bold leader of all nations in order to transfer the web to him. At the same time he said: "Accept and use this network, which will entangle evil forces for the good of the great people." The leader accepted and divided this network among all people. This is how this symbolic trap appeared, which is still being woven by Indian folk craftsmen. Today, the appointment of the talisman changed, and it was used for purely decorative purposes. Moreover, the symbols even began to be used in the technique of tattoo. The dream catcher does not have to be bought, because it can be done very easily with his own hands. And the fact that it will be made by own hands, will give it special significance and energy. There is also an unconditional condition: before you start a business, you should completely get rid of negative thoughts and prepare for a good one.
How to make a dream catcher yourself?
You will need:
- Any, but beautiful form of feathers;
- thread (mulina or mercerized yarn);
- rings (metal rim, embroidery frame, etc.);
- different beads and crystals;
- Additional materials: tapes, hook, needles, scissors, universal glue.
Description of work:
1. So, how to make a dream catcher yourself? We pick up a ring and wrap it with a ribbon (thread).
In this case, the coating from the tape must be madewithout cracks. After the circle is ready, we cut the tails and make a knot on the woven ring with a usual thread of ribbon color. In addition to artificial tapes and threads, you can take suede, leather bands and floss.
2. We do the weaving of the web. To this end, we attach one or several colored threads to the ring.
How to make a catcher of dreams with your own handsfrom several threads? This will make effective color transitions on the gap from the ring to the middle of the web.
Tie a knot thread, which is 3 or 4 cmtransfer through the ring and pass into the resulting loop, thereby forming a half-node, tighten, and thus continue along the entire circumference to the end. It is necessary to calculate so that the last loop does not touch the first, that is between them there should be a small gap of 2 cm.
3. Next, we wrap the thread not the ring itself, but the thread that lies from the 1st loop to the 2nd loop, then the half-node, and again we continue to create our amulet, the dream catcher.
The sketch of this product is shown next to it, it will allowvisualize the technique of making webs. For beauty you can weave different stones, beads. Closer to the core should resort to a hook for knitting, since it will be easier with it, and the work will end faster.
4. Plait the spider web almost until you get a hole the size of a finger.
5. How to make a catcher of dreams with his own hands and strengthen on the wall? When the ring is fully braided, make a loop that will serve as a fastener on the wall. To do this, measure the thread of the desired length and attach it to the hoop with the beads using several knots.
6. On the other side of the ring we will attach three threads or ribbons, on which we will place the beads and fix the feathers with glue.
Self-made amulet is ready! Let it let you sleep peacefully! Well, if you want to remember a dream, then, waking up, just touch the amulet.