How to make a good cognac from home-made moonshine
I would like to share with you the secrets andtell how to make cognac from home-brewed samogon. The quality of this drink should not cause you any doubt, it can be a worthy competitor to brandy cognacs. You, undoubtedly, will get only pleasure from its use. To date, cognac generally belongs to the category of elite spirits. Classical cognac is produced by distillation of dry white wines, and then prolonged aging in oak barrels or containers with oak chips. Of course, the production of cognac at home, as well as its quality is far from inferior to the classical version. It will not be an elite, but quite worthy drink, which you can eventually get.
In order to prepare cognac from home-brewed at home, you need a good harvest of grapes. Then it becomes possible to experiment with grape wine.Basically, the best varieties of grapes go to the needs of the family, and from the rest we will try to make a good home-made cognac. Let's start:
- such grades of grapes as Stepniak, Lydia, Golubok, Isabella, should be broken only when fully ripened;
- pour the juice along with the brushes and merge into a pan;
- add sugar (2 kg per 1 bucket of grape juice);
- cover with a clean cloth and put on a stool (5-7 days);
- every day we mix the wort several times;
- 7 days later the wine yeast developed well(the smell of wine must go, the vine midge begins to fly, the mash must separate and float upward), carefully pour the juice into a pre-prepared container, mix the pulp with a screw press;
- add the sugar (2 kg per bucket);
- we pour the juice into glass bottles (capacityyou can choose any other, preferably glass), filling not more than 70% of the total volume. This is done so that the rising foam does not climb through the neck of the bottle during fermentation;
- put on additional fermentation under the watergate. The temperature should be 22%. The production of cognac at home, that is, the process of fermentation, will last three weeks. You will notice, when the bubbles cease to appear in the water seal, and the yeast has already precipitated, then rest assured that the fermentation has been successfully completed. Next, merge the wine. The preparation of moonshine begins at home, as you will need to distill the wine on the brewing machine. After the first distillation has been completed, the product should be diluted with ordinary water, the volume of which is the same as that of the obtained grape moonshine.
Then we carry out the second and third distillationsame rules. After the third distillation, you get purified wine alcohol, whose strength is 70-80%. Next, you need to let the alcohol stick to the oak (the oak barrel is best suited) in order to make cognac made of home-made cognac at home become a real cognac. So, the preparation of this spirit is, of course, a laborious process. Undoubtedly, one who can make a good cognac from home-brewed at home is worthy of all praise.