How to make cheese?
Variety of cheeses in our stores are amazingimagination. However, one can not always be sure of their freshness and quality. An additional disadvantage is that a layman can not determine the "age" of cheese. But the most useful and tasty is considered to be a young product. And the one who cares about his health, watches over his health and likes to eat deliciously, he must learn how to make cheese to make this delicacy on his own.
Homemade Cooking: The Easiest Recipe
Note that cheeses without special equipment at homeyou can make several kinds. The simplest is preparing the curd variety. Many people know her, and a fair number of people are preparing it, since making a homemade cheese of this type is quite simple.
- You need to take a kilogram of cottage cheese, a liter of milk, two eggs, 100 grams of butter, 2 small spoons of salt and one - baking soda.
- Cottage cheese is mixed in milk, and the mixture is put on a very quiet fire. At what time - it is difficult to say, since both products can be of different fat content.
- Signal of the next phase of preparation will be peeling of the serum. The thick mass reclines into a colander for about forty minutes to allow the glass to fill all the liquid.
- Then in the future cheese is added oil, eggs, sodaand salt, all diligently mixed and returned to the stove. Another 40 minutes, with constant stirring, the mass boils on low heat until it drags on.
- At the end of cooking, the future cheese is poured into a bowl, cooled at room temperature, and then retracted into the refrigerator. Its taste and consistency resemble high-quality processed cheese.
Brynza at home
If you do not like too much extra ingredients in the preparation, we will teach you how to make cheese only from milk and pepsin.
So, the first component is milk. He will have to take more, otherwise the result will fit in a tablespoon. At least 2 liters, and better - more! And the second component is pepsin. It should just be a little: a gram of this substance is enough to ripen 100 liters of milk, and if you put too much, the taste of the final product will be unpleasant.
- Milk heats up no higher than 50 degrees.
- Pepsin is diluted in a small volume of water and injected into the main container, then for a quarter of an hour the mixture should be set aside.
- When she settles, take a whisk, a fork or a spoon and carefully beat for half an hour. Mixer is best not to use - it has too high speed.
- From the obtained soft, but dense mass, strainserum and shaped brynza. If you love her salted, immerse in a brine for a day (a liter of water - a tablespoon of salt). Just do not forget to turn occasionally, so that it does not turn out that cheese can not be salted on one side, and absolutely not on the other.
"Kosichka" with their own hands
This kind of cheese is properly called "cheshil." They were endowed with peace by the fraternal Armenian people, who are especially grateful to beer lovers and those who are on a diet. It is quite possible to make it at home, since they make cheese "pigtail" even on an industrial scale exclusively by hand.
- When cooking Chechens usually use cow's milk, but you can experiment: mix it with sheep or goat - it turns out piquant and delicious.
- To begin with, the milk is fermented in natural conditions. If you want the process to go faster - add serum to the tank.
- Sour milk slowly heats up to 40 degrees, after which pepsin is poured into it (we already told about it, so you can calculate the quantity yourself).
- After about 8 minutes, when the flakes formedcottage cheese begin to stick together, the temperature rises to 50, and the pieces of cheese gently melt. As a result of such manipulations, a ribbon is produced, which is gradually pulled out of the pan and laid out on the table.
- At the end of the process, this strip is cut (verythinly, it should look like a thread), intertwined in braids, washed in cool water and immersed in a 20 percent brine. If there is a smokehouse - ready cattle can be slightly smoked, but its usefulness decreases, although the taste becomes more vivid and pronounced.
How to make goat cheese
If you keep goats, or they have your neighbors, treat yourself to an unusual delicacy.
- Milk is poured into a large saucepan and placed on a low fire until boiling.
- Boiling - reduce the intensity of fire and pour vinegar from the calculation of 2 tablespoons per liter of liquid.
- Then you have to constantly stir (preferably a wooden spoon) for a more complete and uniform folding.
- The resulting lump is filtered through gauze a day, then it is salted and kneaded, as if the dough is kneaded.
- Cheese is made in the form of a thick cake, putin a frying pan and slowly heated. First it melts, then it becomes dense again. In hot form, goat's cheese is cut and sprinkled with cumin. Very tasty and very useful.
If you do not have enough of this information, you can find a more detailed answer to the question of how cheese is made in the article How to Make Homemade Cheese.