How to make scrapes on jeans?
Watch the video
Jeans, it seems, will never go out of fashion. Casual and vintage, tight and free, classical and democratic - they have long become an integral part of our wardrobe. Modern jeans personify freedom and individuality. But to differ from the others, it is not necessary to look for a rare style or fashionable coloring. There are many ways to modify the most common jeans. For example, you can make them shabby. For this, it is not necessary to be a master of all trades, just follow the instructions carefully.
First you need to find the right jeans. It is best to experiment with classics or skinnies. Well, if your jeans by this time will already be pretty shabby - everything should look natural. If you do not have a suitable pair, take a look at the second hand and choose something lighter. The thinner the fabric, the easier it will be to achieve the desired effect.
Tools and tools
- Portnovsky chalk or remnant;
- Tweezers, stationery knife or razor blade;
- A piece of cardboard, plastic or plywood - something that can be shoved inside the pant leg;
- Any abrasive (sandpaper, whetstone, piece of pumice or grater for heels);
- Bleach (delicate Vanish or aggressive "Whiteness");
- Sponge for dishes.
And now the instruction.
How to make scrapes on your jeans with your own hands
- First of all, you need to determine wherethese scrapes are located. It would be logical to place them in places where jeans are usually wiped. Draw a number of horizontal, vertical or diagonal lines on the front of the pants where there will be scrapes. The length of such segments can vary from 4 to 12 cm.
- To protect the back of your jeans, attachInside the pants is something solid - cardboard, plastic or narrow wooden plaques. Now, try to make sure that the future rubs do not look like one another. You can "play" with their width, as well as make a few of them a few small incisions (not more than 1-2 cm).
- Finally, the most important step: process the marked places withpumice or sandpaper. We need to break down the fabric structure a little. It is important not to lose the sense of proportion: if you rub your jeans too much, they will not be rubbed, but leaky. But now it's not about how to tear jeans - this is a completely different story. Therefore, in our case, the nail file can be a better tool than a grindstone.
- Add a little bit of charm by pulling it with tweezersa few threads of cloth near the cuts. Try to capture only blue or blue threads, and leave a white base so that your jeans do not lose their strength.
- To give jeans a more stylish look, you canuse bleach. For this procedure, be sure to wear rubber gloves, and after its completion, rinse the jeans thoroughly in cool water. Wet a sponge in the bleach and pass it over the trousers in the right places from the top down. Start from the waist and stop just below the knees. Try not to touch the inside of the thigh. Make sure that the bleach does not stay on the fabric for more than 5 minutes.