How to Raise a Steering Wheel: Practical Recommendations
Steering wheel two-wheel meansmovement for personal needs is of great importance, since it depends not only on the comfort of the rider during the movement, but also on maintaining proper posture. Let's find out how to raise a bicycle by steering wheel, adjusting its position to personal needs.
Before you figure out how to raise the steering wheel on a bicycle, it is worthwhile to understand that not only its adjustment in height, but also the alignment with the wheel and bush, is important.
It is necessary to determine in advance for what purposesa bike will be used. For example, movement on highways requires the establishment of maximum control over the traffic situation. Therefore, the steering wheel in this case is set in such a way that the angle between the back of the bicyclist and the vertical is about 30about.
How to raise the steering wheel on a bicycle for a ride at a walking pace? For young people, the angle of landing here should be 45-60about, and for the elderly - 60-90about.
How to raise the steering wheel on a high-speed bike? The means for controlling the bike in this case should be located above the seat. For hybrid and mountain models it is better to place the steering wheel level with the seat.
How to raise the steering wheel on a children's bicycle?
The design of most children's bikesassumes the possibility of adjusting the rudder not only in height, but also in slope. This allows you to adjust the bike in such a way that skating takes place in the most comfortable and safe for the child position.
Usually in order to raise the steering wheel on the childbike, just loosen the central locking nut. If the child takes a bent position during the landing, it is necessary to shift the control element higher. When the kid hits the wheel with his knees, it's enough to change his inclination.
What tools may be needed to adjust the steering wheel?
Users who are trying to figure out how to lift a wheel on a bicycle may need the following:
- a set of hex keys;
- tension limiters that will not allow the thread to break (especially useful when working with lightweight components);
- adjustable wrench (for operation with steering columns of the old type);
- Torsions - keys with a star-shaped head - are indispensable for servicing the specific removals of the rudder.
How to quickly change the height of the steering wheel on a modern bike?
The easiest way to adjust the positionmeans for managing the bike - use special spacer rings. The latter often come complete with two-wheeled vehicles. If it is necessary to lower the outrigger lower, the conical rings can be removed from the vertical axis of the steering column or replaced with a shortened spacer.
How do I lift a steering wheel?
To adjust the position of the rudder, proceed as follows:
- To begin with, fixes the front wheel of the bike. Then loosen the bolts, which attach the extension to the steering tube of the shock absorber.
- The cover of the steering column is removed. As a rule, the keys for 4-5 mm are suitable for this.
- Removal is dismantled from the steering tube.
- Next, decide on what height you need to raise the steering wheel. Proceeding from this, an appropriate number of spacer rings is put on the steering tube.
- Steering is installed back, after whichtop is put on the cover of the steering column and tightens the central locking bolt to full resistance. Further it is necessary to lift a bicycle for a frame and to check up, how much all components are compliant.
Having figured out how to hoist a wheel on a bicycle,it is extremely important to align the extension so that it is in the same plane with the wheel. In conclusion, it is enough to test the convenience of running a bike with a new steering height.
Particular attention when manipulating the helmsmancolumn should be given exactly the level of clamping the connections. Too little tightening will subsequently lead to damage to the bearings due to backlash. Excessively strong will affect the handling of the bike. Ideal is the tightening of components, in which the suspended wheel immediately leans to the side under its own weight.