How to seal a gap between walls?
Filling the slits is often one of the mainproblems in the cosmetic repair of the premises. And as practice shows, one can not do without it in any block house. But how to close the gap between the walls and how to do it? This is exactly what our article is written about. Strictly speaking, these two issues can be combined into one, as each material dictates its technology.
Than to seal a gap between walls
If the gap between the walls or blocks in the houseToo much foam will help you. However, get ready for its fairly large expense. I remember that in order to fill up the cracks in all four rooms in the apartment, I had to spend 20 large bottles of assembly foam (taking into account the closing of the gaps and between the floor and the walls) - but now the apartment is not cold. And the gaps sometimes reach a width of 8-10 cm. In principle, one cylinder will be enough for one wide gap of a little more than 2 meters in height. When sealing the slots with mounting foam, remember the following:
- work only in gloves and in special glasses, and also cover all open areas of the body;
- Do not use mounting foam at temperatures below +5 degrees Celsius;
- Do not use a mounting foam where there is a lot of sun, as ultraviolet can completely destroy it with time;
- Before filling the slots with foam, moisten the surface with water so that the foam gets better;
- immediately before work, as it should,shake the balloon, then remove the cap, screw the tube and, turning the balloon upside down, guide the tube into the slot (approximately to the middle of the depth) and press the lever;
- when embedding space, do not hold theone place, and lead it from the top down or from the bottom up. I usually trim the foam then with gloved hands, so that there are not any large protrusions or dips. Although the projections are not so terrible, because they can then be cut with a sharp knife;
- Do not spill too much foam, fill the space by a third, at most, by half, as the foam swells and increases in size several times.
If this method is for some reason you are notarranges, then the embedment can be carried out with glass wool, putty or just patch a pack, felt or even moss with a caulk. By the way, putty (or as it is sometimes not quite correctly called "putty") is ideal for sealing narrow slots 1 cm wide or less. For slots of greater width, it is better to use other materials. In the process of putty, the most important thing is to properly dilute the dry mixture, and the work itself is not difficult, just do not forget to moisten the surface to be ground first. And now let's see how to grapple a gap correctly.
How to seal a gap between walls with caulk
A caulk is a special wooden orA metal spatula that helps to fill cracks and cracks with materials such as felt, tow or moss. By the way, if you use moss, then in no case should it crumble in your hands, and it is desirable to impregnate the felting before embedding in formalin - in this way you will save it from moths. The process of caulking is simple - just fold the material with a tube and push it into the slot with the help of a caulk. To compact the material, use a hammer. Well, when it's done, it's better to smooth the embedded gap. Incidentally, this applies to all methods of sealing the slots, whatever material you use: foam, cotton wool, cottonwood, felt, putty. For this, you can use either a finishing putty or special glue, then after gluing the wallpaper no one will be able to understand that there was a crack in this place.