How to set the alarm on the VAZ?
Watch the video
After buying a car in front of himthe owner has a serious task - to ensure its safety. That is why the installation of various anti-theft (alarm) is one of the priorities of the motorist. In this article, we will look in detail at how to set the alarm on the VAZ.
The main tools needed to install the alarm include:
- set of drills;
- insulating tape;
- We choose the location of the main block, guided by our own preferences.
- It is recommended to put it in the salon, but, most importantly, remember that it should be placed where potential thieves will have problems with its seizure.
- Also determined with its location, we take into account the size of the standard control LED cords, antenna blocks of microwave and shock sensors.
- If necessary, extend these cords.
Installing the siren
- We place the siren in the engine compartment, completely excluding even the slightest possibility of access to it from the outside.
- We make sure that the sound spreads evenly around the area, and there is no dirt in its socket.
- If desired, we put an autonomous siren.
We connect the limit switches
- First, we take the individual power cord and pull it to the battery, using for this purpose the engineering openings that are placed under the dashboard.
- Remember: it is strictly forbidden to use the openings of the headlamp level controls. This is dictated by their placement in the wheel recesses, which is an easy and quick enough way to neutralize all alarms.
- Further we extend a cord of indication of connection of ignition to the ignition lock.
- Then, simultaneously with the alarm signal cord for the front end switch, pull the cord into the motor compartment.
- Next, install an individual end switch. Connect the alarm to this switch is not recommended because of possible jamming.
- After that, install the limit switch for the trunk and for its illumination. To do this, pull the cord along the port side.
- Next, we set the signal light diode on the instrument panel, having previously checked whether it is noticeable from various angles.
- After that, we connect the cords of the dimensions to the turn signals.
- Instead of door open sensors, it is recommended to install individual limit switches.
- Also, as an option, install the limit switches on the wing, which is located behind.
Installation of activators on the door
- To do this, inside the interior of the cabin we bend the shell and find the engineering openings.
- Further through these apertures we deduce cords outside.
- After that, using a rubber washer, we mount the activators on the door.
- We return the skin to its original position.
- We pass for the instrument panel and connect "+" to the ignition relay using brown and blue cords. This relay is located near the turn signal relay.
- After that, to the turn signals we connect on the shoe from the top of the steering column (blue and blue with black stripe cords).
- We connect the door limit switches by taking the white and black wires on the side of the clutch pedal.
Now you know how to connect the alarm to the VAZ. For more information about the installation, see How to Install a Car Alarm.
If you want to choose a high-quality alarm model, read about this in the article How to choose a car alarm.