How to store crawfish?
Unfortunately, the storage of crayfish for a long timeis impossible. But there are several methods by which you can increase the shelf life of aquatic inhabitants. How to store crayfish - you will learn from our article.
Crayfish storage after catching
- Usually, live crabs are stored in cages made of wood or iron;
- It is necessary to create natural conditions: use water to store crayfish from the same pond from which the catch was made;
- Keeping alive crawfish is possible duringseveral hours. If it is necessary to extend the period to one or two days, it is required to feed the crayfish with fresh fish or potatoes. This is due to the fact that in the absence of food, cancers can eat each other;
- To avoid injury to crayfish, give preference to feeding from plant foods, as for the fish arthropods can also fight.
- For transportation of crayfish use boxes or baskets of wood, plastic or cardboard. Make sure that there are enough openings for air penetration;
- Fill the bottom of the box or baskets with moss, grass or algae and lay crayfish in one row;
- When transporting crayfish, make sure that the boxes do not overheat from direct sunlight.
Keeping alive crayfish
- Fill the tub with water and run crayfish;
- Change the water every day;
- Feed the crayfish with plant food once a day;
- Under these conditions, the shelf life of crayfish is seven days.
Storage of live crawfish in the refrigerator
- Wash the arthropods and transfer them to a plastic bag without tying it;
- Put the packet in the vegetable storage department;
- Under these conditions, the shelf life of crayfish is up to four days.
Storing of boiled crawfish
- Boil the crayfish to the desired state;
- After the broth has cooled, place the pan in the refrigerator;
- The shelf life of boiled crawfish is a couple of days.
Do not store live or cooked crawfish in the freezer. Meat in this case will lose useful properties, and also become dry.
How to grow crayfish yourself read in our article How to breed crawfish
Visit our Fishing section.