Secondary raw materials - what is it?
Thousands of films have been filmed and millions of millions have been writtenpages that nature is important and should be protected, but the level of pollution of the planet is growing every year. The situation is close to catastrophic. However, once in a dead end, it is not necessary to stay there. Many civilized countries have long realized how important it is not to throw out garbage, but to turn it into recyclable materials and recycle. What is it - recyclable materials, and how are things with him in Russia?
What is recyclable?
Secondary raw materials or recyclable materials - this is the kind ofwaste, which can be used as a resource for further processing. According to the domestic classification, 5 types of hazardous waste are allocated (all wastes are a priori dangerous, read, toxic). Graduation is based on the degree of danger to nature and the ability of waste to biodegradation:
- To the first class of danger belong to allinfamous mercury lamps, materials containing mercury and arsenic, transformer oils. There are not very many such wastes, but they are extremely toxic to both humans and the environment. The first class of waste is necessarily subject to processing, as getting into the natural environment, it poisons everything around.
- The second class of danger includes, for example, batteries and accumulators, which are also subject to recycling.
- As a rule, most solid household wastefalls on the fifth and (less) on the fourth hazard class. This is practically non-hazardous and low-hazard waste. Since they do not poison the natural environment, in our country they simply land on landfills and are stored there.
Why do I need to recycle?
Despite the fact that basically all household waste is transported to landfills (more like landfills), the practice of providing districts of the city with recycling points is gaining momentum today.
It is very important not to pass by these beautifultanks, and bring there all the garbage from the house, which corresponds to the markings on them. Batteries, thermometers, mercury lamps pollute the soil, making it toxic and unsuitable for planting and growing seeds. On this earth neither birds will sing, nor the flower blossom. Is this how we want to live?
A thousand cubic meters of timber are cut annually forproduction of books, magazines and paper. And meanwhile, it is the forest that gives us the opportunity to live on the planet, because it provides oxygen. By cutting forest belts, people are also deprived of natural noise isolation and sinks of odors from industry. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to take the waste paper.
Types of secondary raw materials
At the moment, the world has invented technologies for processing 95% of all materials. The most common types of recyclable materials are:
- Waste paper. Previously, in schools, all the papers were handed over, organizing competitions, who would give more, and get prizes for it. Childhood ends, with it ends and the collection of waste paper, and very vain! Recycling points in the form of waste paper are located in any city, and in megacities there are a lot of them. It's enough just to look on the Internet and make a useful habit of including newspapers, cardboard boxes. New developers often put containers to collect paper and cardboard for every 3-4 homes. Walk around the area, meet a lot of new and useful! It is important to understand that glossy magazines and juice packs (Tetra Pak) do not belong to waste paper.
- Plastic. Plastic packaging and bottles have become a source of pollution of the world's oceans and the entire biosphere. Animals that accidentally swallowed plastic often die. Habitat of many species are destroyed, food chains are broken. These are not jokes at all. There are a lot of plastic processing points, information is available on the Internet for each city.
- Scrap metal. This includes aluminum cans.
- Glass containers. Glass bottles are recyclables, which accumulate in huge amounts in landfills, but which are very easily recycled. The glass is simply washed, and therefore it is not difficult to process it into a new package.
Required for processing
There are also those wastes, processing of which is obligatory:
- Batteries. With batteries and battery cells, things are more complicated. In Russia, only a few plants have the technical ability to process batteries, since this is a complex and expensive process. Sometimes the shoulder run from the city to the factory is disastrously huge. However, it is in no way possible to throw away the batteries in the trash. They receive recyclables in the form of eco-boxes.
- Mercury lamps and thermometers. As well as batteries, mercury is toxic for nature and man, it is impossible to bury it on landfills. Eco-boxes are also installed for lamps and thermometers.
It is important to understand that the broken thermometer can not be disposed of independently. It is necessary to call a demercurization service, which will eliminate the accident and neutralize the premises and waste.
Reception and processing
In Russia, in fact, there is a hugethe number of recyclables, just people about them are poorly informed. The most common among them are eco-boxes and eco-cars. A map of eco-boxes can be found on the Internet, and it really is a huge network. Sometimes such eco-box is installed in a neighboring house or school, and we just do not know about it.
Ecomobile drives around the city and takes all kinds ofwaste - from bulbs to out-of-order household appliances. It is enough just to find out the mode of operation and parking of the eco-car. Also, stationary points for receiving glass containers, scrap metal and waste paper are working everywhere.
Secondary raw materials are not only waste and a resource forprocessing. Practically safe waste can be used in everyday life. Sometimes it is an excellent tool for the invention of household handicrafts from recyclables and ornaments.
- From the old bathroom you can make a pond for a dacha, it is only to connect the imagination and the next of kin.
- Spent tires can become flowerbeds and decorate the lawn.
- Glass and plastic containers will find a newlife, if you decorate it with scenery for scrapbooking, paint with colors, add applique and even include imagination. Hand-made today at the height of popularity!
- Any housewife knows that it is better than a box of juice and yogurt, for seedlings can not find anything!
"When a blade of grass is torn off,the universe, "says the Upanishads. Nature has a huge resource of tolerance, but it is not eternal either. The idea of living in harmony and careful attitude is the only true policy in the relationship with nature.