Sore throat in children: causes, signs, symptoms and methods of home treatment with antibiotics, homeopathy and folk remedies
When children are ill, adults have enough reason to panic and quickly learn how to treat a disease. Sore throat is a fairly common disease, and most of the country's population has experienced it. For effective treatment of angina, it is necessary to know the causes of the disease, symptoms and types. All this is in our article.
The main thing in the article
Causes of angina in children
There are three main reasons:
- Transmission of the virus to the child after contact with the patient.
- Exacerbation of tonsillitis.
- The development of infection from the internal focus on the background of reduced immunity.
Symptoms and signs of angina in children
Symptoms of tonsillitis:
- The temperature rises to 39-40 degrees.
- Submandibular and cervical lymph nodes increase, there is pain during palpation.
- Chills, headache, lack of appetite.
- Tonsils redden, increase, pustules appear on them.
- Painful swallowing.
Ways and means of treating angina in children
Each type of angina has its own characteristics of treatment. Do not engage in self-medication, it is necessary to consult a doctor, especially if it concerns a child. Here are the ways to treat angina:
- Sprays and pills.
Keep in mind that absorbable pills and lozenges are contraindicated in children up to 3 years old, because a child can take a pill without dissolving, which is fraught with asphyxia. Sprays to children up to 3 years old should not be sent directly to the throat, because the child still does not know how to hold his breath. It is better to splash on the cheek, and the spray with saliva will be distributed on the tonsils.
- Use of antipyretic drugs.
Do not drink antipyretics at temperatures below 38 degrees. If the child had convulsions at a low temperature, then shoot down immediately at 37.5 degrees.
- Taking antibiotics.
Without a prescription, antibiotics cannot be taken, since they are prohibited in some types of angina. The course of treatment with antibiotics - from 5 to 10 days.
- Vitamin complexes.
Types of angina in children and their treatment with a photo:
Viral sore throat in children treatment
Appears on the background of reduced immunity. The virus infects the tonsils, the disease is acute. Fever begins, pain when swallowing, pain in the abdomen. The incubation period of the disease is from 3 to 5 days. Temperatures up to 40 degrees can drop when small red bubbles burst on the tonsils.
The treatment is aimed at increasing the immune forces:
- Bed rest
- Fresh air in the room
- Plentiful Drink
- Taking vitamins
- The ban on the use of fatty, smoked food
- With a significant increase in temperature - taking antipyretic drugs
Virus sore throat can not be treated with antibiotics!
Bacterial tonsillitis in children treatment
Bacterial sore throat can be recognized by white bloom on inflamed tonsils and gray bloom on the tongue. Bacterial sore throat causes streptococcus.
- The use of antibacterial drugs (Penicillin, Amoxicillin)
- Vitamin therapy.
Herpes tonsillitis in children treatment
Coxvirus enterovirus causes herpes sore throat. It affects children aged 4 to 14 years. This type of sore throat is characterized by watery blisters. They cover the throat, tongue, tonsils. Herpes sore throat should be treated in the hospital.
- Antihistamine drugs
- Use of antiseptics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- If the temperature rises to 39 degrees and higher - the use of antipyretics
- Gargling with special solutions and herbs decoction
- Reception of vitamins.
Do not open the bubbles! This will provoke suppuration and delay the recovery of the child.
Purulent, follicular tonsillitis: home treatment for children
Most often, the follicular type of sore throat children become infected from parents - carriers of staphylococcal infection. Also, angina provoke SARS and hypothermia. On the tonsils are formed small yellowish ulcers. Follicular sore throat is best treated permanently, but is allowed at home and under the supervision of a pediatrician.
How to treat:
- Drink plenty of water - it is recommended to drink warm mineral water without gas
- Reduce the temperature above 38 degrees
- Gargle - 2 times a day with a solution of soda or furatsilina. If a child does not know how to gargle because of his age, use an inhaler.
- Drink antibiotics prescribed by a doctor. The course must be continuous.
Purulent tonsillitis in children: treatment
When purulent quinsy in the body raging bacterial infection, there is a purulent plaque on the tonsils. Treatment should include:
- Antiseptics - sprays, lozenges, means for rinsing the mouth.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs - relieve swelling and reduce body temperature.
Fungal sore throat in children: treatment
Fungal sore throat is caused by a yeast-like fungus. The pharynx and tonsils turn red and are covered with white bloom. Fungal sore throat can be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms: discomfort in the throat and tickling when swallowing, unpleasant smell in the mouth, the appearance of plaque in the throat. Fungal sore throat has a special treatment. Antibiotics are prohibited because they can cause even greater dysbiosis. It is necessary:
- Take antifungal antiseptic drugs.
- Irrigate the throat. The fungus dies in an acidic environment, so irrigation of the throat with lemon juice will effectively eliminate it.
- Treat the areas affected by the fungus with special solutions.
- Replenish the body with vitamins B and C.
- Take immunostimulating drugs.
Catarrhal sore throat in children: treatment
In catarrhal angina, the body temperature sometimes rises to 37.5 degrees, but more often it passes without fever, weakness appears in the body, and pain in the throat is felt. Treatment:
- Bed rest
- Reduced activity
- Plentiful Drink
- Taking antibiotics to eliminate bacteria
- Rinses and sprays (children over 3 years old)
Lacunar tonsillitis in children: treatment
It begins abruptly, causes chills, fever, pain in the calf muscles and the muscles of the lumbar region. Children also manifest cramps and delirium. Lymph nodes grow and become painful. How to treat:
- Sick child isolate in a separate room.
- Select the diseased separate dishes.
- Drink should be plentiful, nutrition - rich in vitamins and protein, warm and liquid.
- Conduct a course of antibiotic treatment.
Streptococcal sore throat in children: treatment
There are purulent foci on the tonsils, nausea, high fever, in some cases, vomiting and pain in the abdomen. Treatment:
- Hospitalization recommended
- Symptomatic remedies - rinses, vitamins
To treat streptococcal sore throat is best integrated.
Angina without fever in a child: how to cure quickly?
Without temperature, catarrhal sore throat usually passes. It is necessary to treat such a sore throat in a timely manner, since it can turn into a more serious form with late treatment. To quickly cure a sore throat, you need a comprehensive treatment. Irrigation sprays, pills and gargles will be required. Inside it is necessary to take a course of antibiotics. Be sure to drink large quantities of decoctions, tea and juice.
Treatment of angina in a one-month-old, one-year-old child
A child of up to one year of tonsillitis practically does not occur. And if the child managed to get sick, then he endures it very hard. Be sure to go to the hospital with the baby, the doctor watched the child constantly. Child assignedpenicillin antibacterial agents. With an increase in body temperature is to give the babyNurofenorChildren's Paracetamol. If necessaryantiseptic Hexoralneed to process the tonsils and pharynx, causing it to a gauze swab.
Effective treatment of angina with antibiotics in children
Before treating a sore throat with antibiotics, it is necessary to find out how the child has become ill. It must be remembered that in some types of sore throat antibiotic treatment is prohibited. Children are prescribed antibiotics, which have a wide spectrum of action. They must be taken strictly as directed by the doctor. The course lasts about 10 days, but the doctor may specify a different number of days. It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions and not to reduce the number of days at its discretion.
- For children, penicillin group antibiotics are usually prescribed.
- If a child has allergic reactions to penicillin drugs, then macrolide antibiotics are indicated.
- The most popular antibiotics for treating angina are:Erythromycin, Lendacin, Hexoral.
- For children, the drug release form should be convenient to use. For infants suitable solutions and syrups. Older children can take pills, sprays, intramuscular injection.
Penicillin antibiotics can have side effects: dysbiosis, nausea, skin redness. The doctor should provide for this and protect the child from such reactions by prescribing drugs for the prevention of dysbacteriosis.Antibiotic treatment is effective because it is rapidly absorbed by the digestive tract. From the body excreted in the urine in 2-4 hours.
Treatment of tonsillitis with homeopathy in children: is it effective?
Treatment of angina with homeopathy has its advantages and disadvantages.Minus- smaller effect than with antibiotic treatment.A plus- When taking antibiotics, the child's body is generally weakened, and homeopathic remedies have a sparing effect on him.
Homeopathic remedies are more often prescribed for children under one year old. They include minerals, herbs, and animal products:
- phytocomponent helps to eliminate the symptoms of angina,
- animal products effectively cope with exacerbations and the chronic form of the disease,
- minerals are suitable for all stages of the disease.
With proper prescription, homeopathic remedies quite successfully can overcome a sore throat. Do not forget that you are dealing with herbs, overdose of some of them is fraught with poisoning.
When treating with homeopathic preparations, it is necessary to consult a specialist, since in some forms of the disease such treatment will not be effective,and delayed antibiotics can trigger the disease.
Treatment of angina folk remedies for children
Folk remedies for the treatment of angina:
- Gargling with Kalanchoe juice (1: 1 diluted with boiled water), vinegar with beet juice (add 1 tablespoon vinegar to a glass of juice), eucalyptus leaf + chamomile + calendula, salt solution and soda.
- After eating, chew 1 cm sized pieces of propolis, chew on lemon zest. After that, do not eat or drink for an hour.
- To reduce the temperature, add raspberry jam and honey to tea.
- To relieve inflammation attach the cabbage leaves to the neck and fix the scarf.
- Use onion juice 3 times a day and 1 teaspoon.
- Well softens throat warm milk. You can add a spoonful of honey. During the day, drink 0.5 cups.
Treatment of angina in children: a scheme for Komarovsky
- At elevated body temperature - bed rest.
- Food should not injure the tonsils.
- Drink warm water, tea, compotes, and plenty of it.
- Antibiotics when dosage is within normal limits. Do not stop the course, if suddenly it became easier. The course lasts at least 7 days.
- Gargle with a decoction of chamomile and sage, or soda or saline (soda - 1 tsp. Per cup of water, salt - 0.5 tsp.).Rinse about 5 times a day. Do not be too zealous not to interfere with the recovery process.
- At high temperatures, use antipyretic drugs.
Video: prevention and treatment of angina in children
Do not delay with treatment and visiting a doctor. Only the doctor will be able to correctly identify the type of angina and prescribe the correct drugs. When taking antibiotics, do not forget to give a child fermented milk products to avoid digestive disorders. If necessary, do not give up antibiotics, do everything possible so that your child does not have complications.