What are the ceilings?
To date, manyoptions for ceilings. What are the ceilings? Recently, the ceilings were traditionally white, most often whitewashed with lime. In a modern home such a white ceiling seems boring. When you plan, the interior of the room is very difficult to make a choice, since in question what kind of ceilings there are, the photos not only do not help, but, on the contrary, they make you think about what will be appropriate in your case.
Types of ceilings
- The usual painted ceiling, where water is used instead of whitewash. On the sides such a ceiling is decorated with a baguette. It looks simple and fresh, but without raisins.
- Ceiling, covered with ceiling slabs orceiling wallpaper. The wallpaper is suitable for ceilings not very even, slabs - on an uneven surface, the defects are even more emphasized. In the market you can buy moisture resistant boards, various colors and with a mirror coating. The disadvantages of this kind of ceilings is that they are not durable and if one of the plates is peeled off, it will not be easy to glue it unnoticed.
- Gypsum plasterboard ceiling. The ceiling made of gypsum cardboard has won the market and is a leading option. First, it can be used to implement any design solution. You can create ceilings of any shape and several levels. Secondly, ceilings from gypsum cardboard hide all irregularities, defects and all communications can be hidden under the plasterboard slabs. Thirdly, the ceiling of such a plan has good sound and heat insulation. It is light, and it can be attached to the old ceiling beams. The material from which gypsum boards are made is non-toxic. Gypsum plasterboard ceiling refers to the category of suspended ceilings. What are the ceilings yet, read on.
- False ceiling. In this type of ceilings, the structure is a ceiling, with a supporting frame made up of profiles fixed with screws on the base ceiling. Plates of false ceiling are made of chipboard, gypsum board, plastic, foam polystyrene, etc.
- Another type - stretch ceiling. What are the stretch ceilings - PVC film and polyester fabric. This ceiling has excellent decorative properties. The peculiarity is that stretch ceilings represent an ideal plane, even of a thin film, which is attached to the frame. The frame structure itself will be strengthened either around the perimeter of the walls or on the base ceiling. What are stretch ceilings? The photo is available in any Internet search engine, just enter the relevant question in the search. The material for the stretch ceiling is waterproof and can withstand up to 100 liters of water per sq.m. In addition, it is fireproof and made of environmentally friendly and safe materials. Designers are attracted to the stretch ceiling that it can be of different colors, with a pattern and without, a different texture, which helps a lot in creating interesting interiors. For owners of this ceiling there is another important plus - the stretch ceiling does not require any special care, it is enough to wash the ceiling occasionally with a soft cloth.
- Suspended ceiling is a modularThe construction, which consists of a suspended supporting frame with reinforced on it various modules. These modules can be in the form of gypsum tiles or mineral fiber tiles, special metal cassettes, as well as a widely used rack system made of aluminum panels. The ceiling of this type is also capable of transforming a premise with a previously uneven top.
- The ceiling is lined with lining. Such a ceiling perfectly fit in the office space, at the cottage, in the garage, to decorate the balcony or loggia. The lining is fastened to the frame. Choose the same way you can from the lining of different colors, matte and glossy, plastic or wooden.
Before proceeding with the installation of the ceiling, allAlso, consult with specialists, whether this is the right option for your premises. After all, a three-level ceiling in a small room is not always appropriate. In any case, for your room there will always be a couple, or even more acceptable solutions.