Which bathtub is better?
Bathroom modern apartment mustnot just a place to wash or wash, but also a place where a person can relax after a hard day's work, a place where you will be comfortable. Often embarking on the design of the bathroom, we ask ourselves which bath is better. What kind of bathroom to choose, so that it fits into the interior, and the bathroom fit, and at the same time was comfortable and quality? In this article, we will dwell on various versions of baths.
The bath of cast iron has long been popular in our country. These baths have a number of positive qualities:
- Good heat retention
However, such baths are very heavy, you will say, andThey carry an additional burden on the floors, in addition, this complicates their installation and dismantling. And partly you will be right, but there are foreign manufacturers who pour thin and elegant cast-iron baths, while maintaining all the positive qualities of cast iron. But such baths, as you could guess, are much more expensive than domestic ones. Well-proven cast iron baths produced in Spain, France and Italy. Answering the question about which cast-iron bathtub is best, I would like to say that you need to pay attention to additional details. When choosing a bathroom, evaluate the anti-slip coating of the bottom of the bathtub, the adjustable feet of the support (this will facilitate the installation of the bath and the adjustment of the bath height for the quality fixation of the sewer pipes).
The main advantage of steel baths is their lightness, and they are cheaper than cast iron. But they have a number of drawbacks:
- Noisy, because they require additional noise insulation.
- The water in them quickly cools down, rather than in cast-iron baths.
- In addition, they serve less cast iron baths (service life of up to 15 years).
- They are unstable because of their light weight.
Based on these minuses, it is worth noting that if the funds allow you, then stop your choice better on a cast-iron bath.All those people who set themselves such abath, they will say that the question: "Which steel bath is better?" is not the main choice. The main thing is to understand for yourself whether you will be able to accept the disadvantages of such a bath, listen to the irritating rumble of a filling bath, put extra effort into its installation (noise isolation and stability)?
Acrylic baths have the following positive qualities:
- Keep warm well.
- Ergonomic, their surface is smooth and pleasant to the skin.
- Easy to install, because they have a comparatively light weight.
- Easy to clean.
- They have a variety of design solutions (colors, shapes, various decorated inserts).
- Do not require earthing.
- Do not corrode.
Such a bath perfectly fits into any interiorbathroom, but do not forget about the minuses of baths of polymers, the main of which is that they are easily scratched. Acrylic is more easily deformed than cast iron. In addition, these baths are quite expensive.
Which acrylic bathtub is best?
When choosing an acrylic bath, you should pay attention to:
- The thickness of the acrylic sheet from which it is madebath. Thin sheet is easier to deform, so manufacturers often make baths of unusual shape from a thin sheet, but it is better not to take a bath made from a sheet thinner 4-5mm.
- Number of layers of reinforcement (strengthening the bath). The more layers of reinforcement, the stronger your bath and the more expensive.
- The frame for the bath. Acrylic baths are installed in a special frame, as they can not stand on ordinary 4 legs (deformation possible).
- The quality of acrylic. The surface of the bath should be perfectly smooth, the color - homogeneous. And the bath itself should not exude any chemical odors.
Which bath is better to buy?
And the child is clear that the steel bath tooSignificant disadvantages, but what about the rest of the variety of baths? Which bathtub is better: cast iron or acrylic? Here the choice is yours. What to choose: a modern product or a product that has been tested by time? Now you know the pros and cons of baths of different materials and can make the right choice.
Further we will stop on other important parameters when choosing a bathroom:
- The form. Modern bathtubs come in a variety of forms - from classical to round, angular, curly. Everyone will find the right bath, however it is worth remembering that a variety of forms are mostly variegated in acrylic bathtubs. Therefore, if you are planning to buy an original bath, the choice of material for you has already been done.
- The size. If you are not limited by the size of your bathroom, then choose a bath so that the height, depth, width and length of the bath correspond to your constitution (height and weight).
- Colour. Classic bath white, but the design decisions have long gone from the framework of classics. If the interior demands it, you can take a bath of any color or even a transparent one.
Thinking about which bath is best to choose, youshould rely on their feelings, the bathroom should be not only high-quality, but also convenient for you. And remember, the more your bath will be original by any parameters, the more expensive it will cost you.
In addition to the listed types of baths, there are alsomarble and wooden bathtubs. The latter are not suitable for frequent use and are mainly a specific solution for the original decor, besides, they do not last long. The baths of cast marble are status, rather strong and aesthetic, made from a mixture of marble chips and polyester resin. The disadvantage of them, as well as cast-iron ones, is a fairly large weight. However, they are very durable and easy to care for. In addition, for lovers to soak in the bathroom is perfect for a whirlpool bath. These baths are expensive, but they are worth it, because the whirlpool is not only pleasant, but also useful.
When the choice is made, take the time to buybath, because you still need to find out which bath manufacturer is better. For this, read the reviews of other people. Remember that you choose not just a part of the interior, but a thing that should last you as long as possible.
From the article you learned not only from what material the bath is better, but also other important parameters that you should pay attention to when choosing a bath. Good choice!